Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Die-cutting 2.0




Second post of today!
Another card with die-cutting and heat embossing. This time I tried something different.
I used around 7 SSS Exclusive Stamps and two Dies to create this card.
Will list the stamps at the end of this post. 

Taking part in Jen Shurkus's 10th Blogiversary, I thought I'd CASE the following card of hers.



I have used the falling hearts background die along with the "love" die.
I used "I love you" to white heat emboss on black cardstock to make a contrasting layer.
Watercolored a panel cut out from Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock using Gansai Tambi watercolors and then white heat embossed several sentiments on it to give it a faux subway art look.
I made a mistake of stamping on the textured surface, hence the grungy heat embossing.

I do like the Gansai Tambi's  bright bold colors. 


I hope you liked it!

SSS Exclusive Stamps used:
- Talk Bubbles 2
- Just a Love Note
- Expressions for You
- So Beautiful
- Friendship Messages
- Shoot for the Stars
- Inside and Out Sayings



6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the bright colors!!!!!

mamablitger said...

Erun fantastic work you shared. Love the colors so much. Thank you for sharing. It was a great inspiration.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

D.Ann C said...

Love that color mix!

jenn shurkus said...

WOW! i love this :) the colors are fabulous :) and the little "love" embellishment is wicked cute!! thank you so much for helping me celebrate my blogiversary!!

Taunya Butler said...

Wonderful CASE of a card made by Jenn!! Love the colors, the boldness, and the brightness of it - really very awesome!!

Eva said...

I love your card and love the love embellishment, and the colors you used. It is awesome!!! ;)